🇬🇧 Software Engineer (EN / NL)
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, EindhovenDevelopment
Webador is looking for a software engineer
Are you looking for a casual, laid-back environment where you can focus on technical challenges? Do you like building for the web, and is it important to you that the code itself looks good? If so, we'd love to meet you! Webador is looking for a software engineer to join our team for at least 32 hours a week.
A bit about the job:
You'll be welcomed with open arms by our young, passionate team of 20. Besides working on interesting projects, you can expect a competitive salary and an informal working environment. Working with colleagues, you'll help give small business owners the opportunity to showcase their online presence using our simple and intuitive platform. Your role will involve:
- Improving and developing our modern PHP 8 backend (we use Laminas and Doctrine)
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, HaProxy, Docker, Redis
- Quality over quantity: we review each other's work and we have good test coverage
- Scale! Here are some numbers: 100,000 domain names and certificates, 15,000 queries per second to the database, and 500 responses per second in HTTP
- Lots of freedom and responsibility
Interested? There are challenges on other fronts too:
- Our infrastructure is code and we run on Google Cloud
- The interactive parts of our front-end are written in TypeScript and React
A bit about Webador:
With Webador, small business owners and hobbyists can easily build their own professional website - no web designer necessary. With more than 75,000 enthusiastic customers already subscribed to our professional service, our goal is to help 250,000 entrepreneurs create an online presence they can be proud of by 2026.
Headquartered in Strijp-S, Eindhoven, Webador's small team is focused on providing our solution to business owners in numerous countries and territories. Our customer numbers have doubled every year for the past 3 years, giving rise to new technological challenges. We've also been featured in the Deloitte Fast 50 - a list of the 50 fastest-growing IT organizations in the Netherlands - for the past 3 years!
Why we’ll love you
You're passionate about technology and smart solutions, and enthusiastic about tackling technical puzzles. You've completed your studies at HBO level or have equivalent working experience.
Why you’ll love us:
In return, we offer you a full-time opportunity to work on exciting projects in a professional but laid-back environment. That means no unnecessary meetings, out-of-hours notifications, tight deadlines, or micro-managing. Do you have ideas you'd like to share? We're all ears.
Simplicity lies at the core of our processes; using smart solutions, we achieve maximum results with relatively minimal work. Our flat organizational structure means we operate as one team, with no sales department or middle management.
We also promise:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Courses and conferences
- Team outings
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Fruit and snacks
Want to join our team?
Are you the software developer we’re looking for, and are you available for at least 32 hours a week? We want to hear from you!
Do you have any questions about this vacancy? Please contact our CTO Roel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Not living in the Netherlands yet?
This position is open to worldwide candidates, if you are willing to relocate to The Netherlands. We will assist you in this process, such that you (and your partner) can enjoy a smooth transition! We'll help you along the way. Including:
- Help to make sure you get a VISA, and apply for the 30% rule.
- Arrange a flight, and get housing for the first 2 weeks.
- Provide you with professional housing assistance.
- You're passionate about technology and smart solutions.
- Enthusiastic about tackling technical puzzles.
- You've completed your studies at HBO level or have equivalent working experience.